Re: Help needed for mesa

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 02:37:07PM +0100, Pino Toscano wrote:

> -#if defined(PIPE_OS_LINUX) || defined(PIPE_OS_BSD) || defined(PIPE_OS_SOLARIS) || defined(PIPE_OS_APPLE) || defined(PIPE_OS_HAIKU) || defined(PIPE_OS_CYGWIN)
> +#if defined(PIPE_OS_LINUX) || defined(PIPE_OS_BSD) || defined(PIPE_OS_SOLARIS) || defined(PIPE_OS_APPLE) || defined(PIPE_OS_HAIKU) || defined(PIPE_OS_CYGWIN) || defined(PIPE_OS_HURD)

Note that for this kind of system-specific stuff, usually we use "GNU"
as indicator rather than "HURD".

Actually, the pipe drivers are not supposted to do any low-level
interaction, and thus shouldn't be kernel-specific at all... What these
conditionals are actually about is libc functionality. Marking it
"LINUX" is just a typical mistake -- really it should have been "GNU" or
"GLIBC" or something like that in the first place. Not sure it's worth
the fight though.

(Also, you are probably right that most of this could be fitted in a
generic UNIX case, as this stuff is pretty standard on any UNIX system
Gallium is ever likely to be ported to -- and apparently even some
not-exactly-UNIX systems like Haiku... Though that's something you'd
have to take up with the upstream maintainers :-) )

-antrik-