Re: Need advice if changes to file_5.04-6 enabling build on GNU/Hurd are OK?

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 14:58 -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Many other systems have asprintf, and all GNU systems do.
> I doubt there is any Debian variant whose libc lacks it.
> For the upstream package, the right approach to portability
> is to use an autoconf check for the existence of asprintf.
> Likewise for getline.

Thanks you your feedback. I have just started trying to contribute to
make more Debian packages building under GNU/Hurd, I'm still on the
steep learning curve. Any pointers on how to add checks in autoconf for
asprintf and getline?