Re: Please package latest inkscape for GNU/Hurd

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 00:36 +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 08:47:38PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> > Package: inkscape
> > Severity: wishlist
> > Tags: hurd
>
> There is no hurd tag as far as I know.
>
> More to the point, in general, as the Debian GNU/Hurd port is not as
> mature as the Linux or kFreeBSD ports, we prefer not to bother package
> maintainers with Hurd specific bug reports unless they include a patch.
>
> We are happy to be informed about packages which build with minor or no
> changes, but please just mail the debian-hurd list for this, no need to
> file bugs on those packages.

Sorry for giving a tag that doesn't exist. Regarding inkscape it will be
built for GNU/Hurd by one of the trhee buildds when libgc1c2  7.1-4
builds properly in experimental. A patch for libgc has been submitted,
#611643. The wishlist bug for inkscape is already closed by Samuel
Thibault.

In the future we (at least me) hope that GNU/Hurd will be mature enough
to be included in next release!