Re: Debian GNU/Hurd installation discs

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 04:04:59PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> I am considering retiring from producing the CD & DVD images found at
> http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian-cd/
>
> I have been producing these images since 2000, the latest series being L1
>
> I have the impression that these images are not as useful as they were ten
> years ago.
>
> Could I have feedback please.

I used one set of CDs a few years back and found them very
useful for an initial install.  After that I have used debian to
keep somewhat up-to-date.

I'm not sure how I would go about an initial install without a
CD.  If there is a way, it would be nice to have that documented
from the images page ("alternately, you can install a base system
by ...").

Thank you for all your years of making images.

-kolibrie