Re: Installing Debian GNU/Hurd as a virtual OS

Thanks Emilio.

To the group in general, does the Hurd recognise the AC'97 audio controller? If not, does the Hurd recognise the Sound Blaster 16 audio controller?

As for hardware settings, here is what I have based on my Win7 vm:

- P4 2.4GHz
- Intel 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
- ACPI enabled
- Intel 82371SB PCI to ISA bridge
- Intel 82441FX Pentium Pro Processor to PCI bridge
- VirtualBox Device (not sure what it does, but Win7 shows it under System Devices and the provider is Sun Microsystems)
- LPT1 port
- PS/2 mouse and keyboard
- Generic Non-PnP Monitor
- Intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
- VBox CD-ROM ATA Device
- VirtualBox Graphics Adapter

My concern is especially the VirtualBox devices - will they be recognised? Of course I am using the hardware that works for a Windows-based vm. When I go to install the Hurd, I will probably create a Linux-based vm and mod it as need be.

God bless

David Hiran Watson
e: hiranwatson@gmail.com

Music: http://www.soundclick.com/dehin