Re: Fresh and updated qemu image

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Fresh and updated qemu image
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:47:55 -0600
From: <minotti@brunitika.ch>
To: Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez <jlalarcon@unlimitedmail.org>

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:08:11 +0000, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez
<jlalarcon@unlimitedmail.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:46:11AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez wrote:
> Hi Phil.
>
> L1 is a common installation iso, not a specific qemu img file. I think
my
> last night effort can be very useful for "qemu approach" people, like
> myself.
>
> Thank you, very much.
>
> Regards.
>
> Jose.

Hi,

I tried a Qemu (version 0.12.3 from testing) Installation from L1 (with
GRUB2) and I haven't problem to install it. The only problem was the
virtual network card, that as default bring a e1000, not really compatible
with Hurd. I had to change it with a "pcnet" and give user access. I
booted
then the image with something like that:

-> $ qemu debian-hurd-L1.img -m 1024 -net nic,model=pcnet -net user

If you want I can try to upload the image somewhere; I've got an image
with fresh install from L1 with GRUB2, setted /etc/fstab (for root
partition, swap and cdrom), with setted network translator and
/etc/resolv.conf (DNS) with qemu virtual network and Hurd-console as
default.

Ciao

Bruno