Re: Locked out of Hurd installation

Philip Charles wrote:
I cannot find a password that will enable me to log into my new Hurd installation. Installed using crosshurd.

Any ideas?
I had the same problem and I solved mounting the Hurd Partition on GNU/Linux and changing /etc/shadow (delete all "*" between ":") and /etc/shadow (delete all "x" between ":"). After that root has not password on Hurd; to log in just tape "login root" and <enter>.

I saw you are working about Hur CD's, great. It wouldn't be better to work with GRUB2 and not with GRUB?