Re: Autotools macro to test for pthreads fails with "Resource lost" on hurd

> do we need to add this check?  Or is the glibc code already supposed to
> handle that correctly?  Roland?

pthread_kill should short-circuit for signal 0 after it's validated the thread.
That usage mode is not actually kosher any more as a thread-validity check
like using kill that way has always been a kosher PID-liveness and
permission-to-signal check, since pthread_kill is not required to
gracefully diagnose a bogus pthread_t.  But the degenerate use on
pthread_self () is always going to work, so I guess that configure check is OK.

Thanks,
Roland