Re: X window manager does not load

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 12:35:32AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Do you have the debian-ports repository in your sources.  I just realize
> that a critical libxcb fix is there and not (yet) in the main archive.

I do have an entry for debian-ports.  Is this the right one?
Does the order of repositories in the file matter?

  $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
  deb file:/cdrom/debian unstable main contrib local

  # main debian stuff
  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main

  # unreleased stuff
  deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main

These are the libxcb packages I have installed:

  $ dpkg -l |grep libxcb
  ii  libxcb-render-util0             0.2.1+git1-1 utility libraries for X C Binding -- render-
  ii  libxcb-render0                  1.1-1.1                     X C Binding, render extension
  ii  libxcb-xlib0                    1.1-1.1                     X C Binding, Xlib/XCB interface library
  ii  libxcb1                         1.1-1.1                     X C Binding

-kolibrie