[debian-hurd-Patches][311690] consolekit 0.3.1

Patches item #311690, was changed at 24/05/2009 16:42 by Pino Toscano
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410472&aid=311690&group_id=30628

Category: build-env
Group: unsubmitted
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

Here is the patch I have for consolekit.  I have removed all of the autotools cruft so obviously it needs an autoreconf.  It does build but probably needs further testing.  I also have not removed the procps functions from the ck-sysdeps-gnu.c file I added (well copied from the Linux one).

Thanks,

Barry

Date: 24/10/2009 20:31

Message:
Revision of my previous patch:
- fixes issues in the implementations of ck_process_stat_get_tty(), ck_unix_pid_get_login_session_id() and ck_get_active_console_num() (which don't do much atm)
- make ck_get_max_num_consoles() use the *ttyent() api (like in the freebsd implementation)
- as suggested by Samuel, proper PATH_MAX fix in pam-ck-connector.c

Comment By: Samuel Thibault (sthibault)
Date: 24/10/2009 00:54

Message:
It looks just fine, thanks for having finished Barry's initial work.

About PATH_MAX, what about the attached (untested) patch?  If you find
it ok, please combine it with yours and submit!

Comment By: Pino Toscano (pino-guest)
Date: 19/10/2009 12:23

Message:
Hi,

here it is a second approach for consolekit, mostly using libps to get process information (instead of reading /proc).

Also, I had to change the pam-ck-connector.c fix, otherwise the Barry's patch would create a temporary array on stack whose pointer used outside its scope. Sadly, back to a #define PATH_MAX 4096 for now.