Re: Hurd CDs

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:43:07PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

> IIRC, modern Linux gzip can gzip and ungzip Hurd partitions.

I'm not sure what you mean here exactly... Of course it's possible to
zip up a partition image -- but that's not terribly useful for an
installer.

Or do you actually mean tar? I don't think GNU tar can deal with Hurd
translators directly. It *might* be able to deal with extended
attributes by now; so with the xattr-hurd patch (last tested on Linux
2.6.15) it might be possible to create and extract a tarball with
translators. (It's definitely possible with star.)

-antrik-