[debian-hurd-Patches][311015] procps-3.2.7 patch

Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
This patch eliminates the PATH_MAX problem in files ./proc/readproc.c and ./pwd.x.

Also alternatives method is used not to override the tools that are common in Hurd and procps.

Date: 2008-08-24 00:58

Message:
  This is the right patch I think.

Comment By: Madhusudan C.S (madhusudancs-guest)
Date: 2008-08-22 02:29

Message:
New patch. tload should install and work. PATH_MAX problem and buf is better managed in pwdx.c

Comment By: Madhusudan C.S (madhusudancs-guest)
Date: 2008-08-22 00:32

Message:
> By definition, sizeof(char) is 1.

> for the buf allocation, can't you just use 6 +
> strlen(argv[i]) + 4 + 1 ?

> Instead of using strlen(pathbuf), just remember the size > you allocated last time.

Sure these both can be done. I will do it.

> Take care of spurious spacing changes, always read the
> patch itself to check for those.

I did not understand this. Can you please tell me what you meant and where are those spurious spacing changes?

Comment By: Samuel Thibault (sthibaul-guest)
Date: 2008-08-21 21:24

Message:
Also, why removing tload?  Shouldn't it work?  You should probably also
discuss with kfreebsd people whether removing pmap, slabtop there too
(that code should probably be shared)

Comment By: Madhusudan C.S (madhusudancs-guest)
This is the second patch and I think this should be applied, since this adds few additional tools that should not be installed on Hurd.

Comment By: Samuel Thibault (sthibaul-guest)
Date: 2008-08-21 21:16

Message:
By definition, sizeof(char) is 1.

for the buf allocation, can't you just use 6 + strlen(argv[i]) + 4 + 1 ?

Instead of using strlen(pathbuf), just remember the size you allocated
last time.

Take care of spurious spacing changes, always read the patch itself to
check for those.

You can respond by visiting:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410472&aid=311015&group_id=30628