Re: [Debian-Hurd] Aptitude broken?

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 09:09:47AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2008 7:17 AM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 03:55:50PM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > > The work aroun for this is to "apt-get install" all packages "aptitude
> > > *-upgrade" was going to install/upgade.  However as there's no gpm
> > > available for the console, it's kind of hard to try writting all
> > > packages for the apt-get thing...
> >
> > Not solving the bug, but...
> >
> > GNU screen lets you quite easily copy&paste things on the console.
> >

> > Michael
>
> How?  When I move the mouse I see the cursor movement along.  However
> when I select keep the left button pressed, I don't see any highlight
> of the text or anything...  Then when I press right button, or both
> the left and right (to mimic middle) trying to copy whatever, nothing
> gets there...
>
> Maybe I'm missing some setting, but I don't know which (I have the
> proper setting for Xorg btw).  Can you indicate how I can acomplich
> copying/pasting?

Don't use the mouse, you can copy&paste in screen via the keyboard. In
general, hit ctrl-a <esc> to enter copy mode, navigate the cursor where
you want to start copying, hit space, navigate to the end, hit space
again and finally <esc> to leave copy mode.  Then, hit ctrl-a ] to paste
elsewhere.  (This is not GNU/Hurd specific)

Michael