Re: Re: xpdf

Lech Glowiak, le Wed 02 Jan 2008 12:49:36 +0100, a écrit :
> >Erf, so again that problem with the pthread stubs that are missing from
> >libc...  I was wondering: since we had to set _dl_dynamic_weak to 1; in
> >order to get the X11 stubs working properly anyway, maybe we could add
> >to the debian glibc package a temporary patch that implements the few
> >stubs, instead of erroneously asking packages to add -lpthread?
>
> Wouldn't it be good to add a library check or a function check in configure
> file? This can be applied just to packages with missing -lpthread error.

No, no, that's not an error.  The problem here is a library that wants
to be thread safe.  Adding -lpthread will just make all binaries that
use this library suffer the burden of mutex lock/unlock even if they
are not multithreaded.  That's why on most systems the libc provides
pthread_mutex_lock/unlock etc. stubs which do nothing and everybody
happy.  In our case, this is not yet the cast just because libpthread is
not integrated in glibc, but we can use the workaround described above.

Samuel