Re: xpdf

Samuel Thibault, le Wed 02 Jan 2008 03:33:25 +0000, a écrit :
> Barry deFreese, le Tue 01 Jan 2008 22:00:01 -0500, a écrit :
> > xpdf seems to build OK if you add -lpthreads to LDFLAGS in
> > xpdf/Makefile.in. (And thanks to Ben :-) )
>
> Erf, so again that problem with the pthread stubs that are missing from
> libc...  I was wondering: since we had to set _dl_dynamic_weak to 1; in
> order to get the X11 stubs working properly anyway, maybe we could add
> to the debian glibc package a temporary patch that implements the few
> stubs, instead of erroneously asking packages to add -lpthread?

Note: of course that's not a proper fix, and it will break if we let
_dl_dynamic_weak go back to 0.  On the long run, we should have stubs in
libc that properly call pthread functions if needed.  But the thing is
we have an easy way to have things working the same way as on the long
run from the point of view of applications.

Samuel