Re: The Links/Links2/ELinks browsers are unusable on Debian GNU/Hurd

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 08:15:52PM +0100, Fabienne Ducroquet wrote:

>     In text mode they all three have the same behaviour: any key hit is
> literally displayed on the screen, beginning at the position where the
> cursor is (e.g. if I hit a letter it is displayed on the screen, if I
> hit the right arrow ^[[C is printed on the screen ...), with a few
> exceptions:
> - <Enter> moves the cursor 1 line down instead of printing ^M or so,
> - in the hurd console ^\ kills the program (shouldn't that produce a
>   core dump too? I have limit CORE unlimited), but ^C does not work,
> - inside gdb ^C interrupts the program (but not ^\). On an X terminal,
>   neither ^C nor ^\ work, I have to kill the program with kill.
> All the keys hit while the program was running are interpreted by the
> shell after I killed the program.

Sounds like the terminal mode (non-cooked, no-echo) isn't set
properly... But the actual problem is probably more fundamental, as
otherwise it would at least react to the entered keys after pressing
<return>.

No idea what could cause this problem. All other interactive console
programs I tried -- including various text mode web browsers (lynx, w3m,
netrik) -- work fine...

> Do the other Hurd users have this issue or is there just something wrong
> in my installation?

Same here.

-antrik-