Re: balrogs hurd images and network failure

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 03:36:17PM +0530, Praveen A wrote:
> 2007/7/25, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:
> > hi list... i'm diving into the hurd, hope I don't get trampled.
> >

> cool!
>
> > I've downloaded balrog's debian gnu/hurd image to play round with but
> > it produces a kernel panic when trying to access the net. it is:
> > trapno 13: General protection, error 0000025a
> > panic: trap
> >
> > and then she lock up hard.
> >

> I doubt it is a bug in qemu. Try with the latest qemu and see if the
> same error happens.

I'm running the latest qemu in sid:

andrew@basement:/opt$ apt-cache policy qemu
qemu:
  Installed: 0.9.0-2
  Candidate: 0.9.0-2
  Version table:
 *** 0.9.0-2 0
        500 http://bigmomma sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

> > any ideas? or should i stop being lazy and build myself a new image
> > with current stuff in it?
> >

> Or try if the same problem happens in another machine. I have used
> that image without issues and I remember seeing a similar error.

I'll do that, though I confused... you've used it without issues, but
seen a similar error...??

my other machine is mid dist-upgrade so I'll wait to try it and report
back, though its running the same sid version of qemu.

thanks

ps I subscribe to the list...