Bug: libc0.3 does not configure on amd64

Hello,

I tried installing Hurd on my Turion powered notebook from a Debian K14
GNU/Hurd cd. The system boots without problems for the first time in
single-user mode.

Libc0.3 fails to configure. When '/bin/dpkg --force-depends
--configure libc0.3' is called from within the 'native-install'
script, the corresponding stderr output is:

dpkg: --compare-versions takes three arguments: <version>
<relation> <version>

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling
packages [*];
Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
Type dpkg --license for copyright license and lack of warranty
(GNU GPL) [*].

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through
`less' or `more' !
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libc0.3.postinst: line 20:    33 Killed
          update-rc.d "$@" >/dev/null
dpkg: error processing libc0.3 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 137

Is this a debian packaging problem or a libc problem, wrt the
amd64 arch? Any pointers will help!

Thanks,
Constantine