Re: console: Starting driver vga failed on upstream CVS kernel

Hi,

YAMAMOTO, Hiroyuki, le Sun 04 Mar 2007 07:49:08 +0900, a écrit :
> But the machine said "console: Starting driver vga failed: (os/kern)
> invalid argument,"
> and driver vga didn't work.
>
> PATH is set as
> `/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin,'
> but there is nothing in both directory of /usr/local/sbin/ and
> /usr/local/bin/.
>

> How should I do?

Either apply debian's debian/patches/4* to your upstream checkout, or
use upstream hurd source too.

About the mouse issue, you don't need that: please just try to rebuild
the debian package by replacing the MMX patch as I said.  About the
apt-get triggering reboot, please follow Michael Banck's advise, in case
you're still able to reproduce it even after updating the MMX patch.

Samuel