Re: Question regarding bug fixes.

Michael Banck, le Thu 31 May 2007 19:50:32 +0200, a écrit :
> It is certainly a goal to have fixes for major packages applied upstream
> as well, but we cannot chase after every patch, our manpower is limited.

I'd say that when it is just a "fixme" patch (like MAXPATHLEN,
PATH_MAX), we generally don't take the time to forward, there are too
many of them :)

When it is really "porting" software (like Xorg driver for
keyboard/mouse), we have to work with upstream for working out the best
method anyway, so it ends up in upstream.

Samuel