Re: Question regarding bug fixes.

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 08:47:27AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> I've seen several bug fixes comming out the pipe lately, and I'm
> wondering about the upstream policy.  When the gug gets fixed for the
> debian-hurd package, does the fix reach upstream source?
>
> Let's say someone decides to download from upstream (not the debian
> sources) the gnumach source, or the Xorg set of sources, and compile
> them, would all the fixes be included there?

That depends on the Debian maintainer to forward those fixes upstream.
For gnumach, we are (somewhat) upstream as well, so all fixes which are
not rejected or otherwise Debian-only will be upstream.

It is certainly a goal to have fixes for major packages applied upstream
as well, but we cannot chase after every patch, our manpower is limited.

cheers,

Michael