how to run the translator

we have trouble compiling the hello world
translator.we have installed the standard libraries.on
compilation there is an error message about the header
file version.h.there are two header files in the gnu
and hurd subfolders of include.but the #define
statement in the program is of STANDARD HURD VERSION
which is not present in the 2 header files.there is a
version.h.in header file in the cvs repository but it
is not there in the standard hurd package.it contains
the #define statement.
                   how do we install it?is it
necessary?the other errors on compilation are of
incompatible types of arguments in the function
calls.how is it to be resolved?we have run the hello
translator in the package but are at a loss with magic
translator.

Yahoo! Singapore Answers
Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know at http://answers.yahoo.com.sg