Re: startx freeze

Samuel Thibault a écrit :
Adrien Grellier, le Sat 10 Mar 2007 20:29:20 +0100, a écrit :
'startx' freeze the system with this message : "Cannot open keyboard (Not a directory) ".

I have created kbd with : ln -s cons/kbd kbd.

Did you start the console first?

Samuel

when I start the console, others problems  comes :

console -d vga -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d generic_speaker -c /dev/vcs

works well, but I have an azerty keyboard and the console refuse the option --keymap=fr...

Nonetheless I have tested startx : xserver seems to works well, but xfce can't start.
Finally I try starxfce4, but there are some problems with pango.
But with a querty keyboard, it's a bit hard to make test !

Adrien Grellier