Re: Bug#413177: The mouse pointer moves awkwardly on X on Hurd.
- To: "YAMAMOTO, Hiroyuki" <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#413177: The mouse pointer moves awkwardly on X on Hurd.
- From: Samuel Thibault <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 14:27:06 +0100
- Message-id: <20070304132706.GC3855@interface.famille.thibault.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: "YAMAMOTO, Hiroyuki" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <45EAC197.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <45E8CC08.email@example.com> <20070303013910.GG3614@interface.famille.thibault.fr> <20070303144940.GB4451@sky.local> <20070303171816.GA5443@sky.local> <20070303203628.GM3373@interface.famille.thibault.fr> <20070303203739.GN3373@interface.famille.thibault.fr> <45EA5786.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070304121211.GA3855@interface.famille.thibault.fr> <45EAC197.email@example.com>
reassign 413326 hurd
YAMAMOTO, Hiroyuki, le Sun 04 Mar 2007 21:54:47 +0900, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >YAMAMOTO, Hiroyuki, le Sun 04 Mar 2007 14:22:14 +0900, a écrit :
> >>olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net wrote:
> >>>I also get some other X oddities with the new gnumach package:
> >>>WindowMaker segfaults on startup. And if the session fails to come up
> >>>(because of an unrelated problem in my strange environment), instead of
> >>>the X server just restarting once and sitting there as it normally does,
> >>>it goes into a loop restarting again and again; also, monitor timings
> >>>are wrong after restart(s).
> >>Although mouse's problem was certainly solved, it was confirmed that X
> >>without WM restarted again after the logout.
> >I can't reproduce that. I'm not sure to understand what you mean. How
> >do you start X and the WM exactly
> I start X (IceWM as the window manager) by the startx command.
> It is only described as `exec icewm' in the ~/.xinit file.
> X starts with the window manager normally when the startx command is
> first executed.
> Then, if the window manager's logout button is clicked to end X, though
> X seems to end once,
> X colored gray (like the source) without the window manager again starts
> Finally, X can be ended only by pushing Ctrl+Alt+backspace.
Aaah, yes, now I remember. The error is:
xinit: Operation not permitted (errno blah): Can't kill X server.
IIRC that's completely unrelated to gnumach but to hurd or glibc, and
this was already discussed some months ago. I thought this was fixed,
I'll have a look.