Re: python 2.4: os.urandom() hangs if /dev/random, /dev/urandom are not reconnected to a translator

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 06:16:22PM +0000, massimo s. wrote:
> olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net ha scritto:

> > Does it also hang if you don't have a translator there at all?
>
> If I settrans -fg /dev/urandom yes, it hangs.

settrans -fg only removes the active translator, but the passive one is
still there, so it will get restarted immediately on next access to the
file. To really remove it, you need to do "settrans -fgap".

You can check this using showtrans for passive translators, and fsysopts
for active ones. Only if both are gone, you can really know how Python
will react in absence of any translator...

-antrik-