compiling hurd with -m{arch/tune}=pentium4

Hello,

I have compiled on a default Debian/Hurd system gnumach with
-march=pentium4 , everything works well.

I am using apt-build to compile hurd with same options. Everything
works so far except for the /usr/bin/console executable. If
-mtune=pentium4 is used, it becomes unstable and will freeze up
randomly. If -march=pentium4 is used, it reliably freezes when
executed, after grabbing keyboard and display but before anything is
displayed.

Is apt-build OK to use with Hurd?

Does tune/arch require that supporting libraries, etc be similarly
compiled? Similar to a cross-compile?

Has anyone had success with using tune/arch on Hurd?

Thanks for any help,
Stephen Liebbe