Re: Package not build for hurd

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 05:35:51PM +0100, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> I recently had a new package accepted into the Debian archive.
>
> >From the package page I noticed it is available for a lot of architectures,
> including unofficial ports like kfreebsd and amd64. But not for hurd.

Are you talking about the `beef' package?  It has been built yesterday
and should now be in the archive.  Otherwise, please tell us which
package you mean so we can investigate.

> I wonder if there is some special procedure needed in order to have the
> binary package built also for hurd.

No, there is a build daemon running as for the other arches.  Due to its
natur, GNU/Hurd is known to have build failures more easily though, and
the build daemon is unavailable from time to time.

> The package builds without modification in a Debian GNU/Hurd K10 enviroinment.

Then it should be no problem, thanks for checking.

cheers,

Michael

--
<nyu> this Petr is really impressive.  I just send him gdb backtraces
	and he sends me back patches without even having a system to try