Re: Error installing Debian GNU/Hurd K10

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:23:42 +0100
Alejandro Serrano <trupill@yahoo.es> wrote:

> I don't think so, because the /etc/passwd file should have been created
> by the base system install, haven't it?
> I mean, I installed on a clean system: no partitions, no other data.

I just installed, and in fact /etc/passwd is copied during the first execution
of native-install.

I looked at the sources of native-install. It copies
/usr/share/base-passwd/passwd.master to /etc/passwd if it doesn't exist, so I
guess your problem is caused by either a corrupted passwd.master or an
existing passwd (which is impossible, since you installed on a clean disk).

Probably you should just reinstall, and everything will work.

--
KiyuKo <eof AT kiyuko DOT org>
"Like Russian Rulette with six bullets loaded"