Re: Package not build for hurd

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:47:19 +0100
Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:

> Are you talking about the `beef' package?  It has been built yesterday
> and should now be in the archive.  Otherwise, please tell us which
> package you mean so we can investigate.

Yes, I was talking about beef, which is the only package I have in Debian
actually. I didn't name the package because I thought there was no need to.

> No, there is a build daemon running as for the other arches.  Due to its
> natur, GNU/Hurd is known to have build failures more easily though, and
> the build daemon is unavailable from time to time.

It's kinda strange: while there is no mention about the hurd-i386 architecture
on the package page, buildd.net reports the package as installed (see
http://unstable.buildd.net/buildd/hurd-i386_Installed.html)
while buildd.debian.org gives me no results for the hurd-i386 architecture (see
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=beef).

> > The package builds without modification in a Debian GNU/Hurd K10
> > enviroinment.
>
> Then it should be no problem, thanks for checking.

I love the Hurd, so I really want my package available for it.

Cheers.

--
KiyuKo <eof AT kiyuko DOT org>
"Like Russian Rulette with six bullets loaded"