Debian GNU/Hurd Questions

I recently setup a Debian GNU/Hurd K10 machine by following
the directions at http://www.us.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd,
but I cannot find the answer to a few of questions:

1. How do I get grub installed on my hard drive instead of booting
off a floppy disc?  The floppy boot worked great, but it's been my
experience that floppies often die without much cause. If I don't have
the floppy in at boot time, I'll get an 'Error 15' error from grub.

2. How do I configure my network card?  I have a 3Com 905 that
is detected by GNU/Hurd when it boots up, but I cannot find
familiar programs like ifconfig to setup my network card.

3. Why does df fail to report the disk usage?  It complains
it cannot read/find mounted filesystems and exits.  Is there
a different program I should be using?

Thanks in advance.