Re: technical question about the debian-hurd list

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 08:46:25AM +0200, startx wrote:
> is it possible to configure this list in a way that the subject
> contains an automatical "[debian-hurd]" or something,

Sorry, I don't think this is possible.  Debian lists are run by the
Debian listmasters, and there are about a hundred of them, none of which
have a tag in the subject AFAIK.

> because i found it very hard to filter out these messages,

I filter on X-Mailing-List, here is the procmail rule I use to get all
Debian lists filtered:

:0:

maybe that helps, other header like List-Id should work as well.

> furthermore i would consider a "[debian-hurd]"-subjects as kind of
> good mailing list style.

I am not totally sure, but I think the listmasters consider it bad
style.

In any case, there is nothing we (the people on this list) can do about
this, you would have to contact the listmasters.

cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Banck