Re: crosshurd: Package slang1 is not available, but is referred to by another package.

Hello!

On Wed 31 Aug 2005 13:30 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Found a workaround [1]. In English, it says to add this line: deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2005/07/15/debian unstable main

in this file: /etc/crosshurd/sources.list/gnu

Many thanks to Manuel 'mmenal' Menal.

Thank you for the link (I can speak French ;-) ).

While the workaround indeed worked, during the download process I noticed that crosshurd automatically took the libslang1-utf8 package, so I try without the new source you posted. The major difference from my first try is that the ftp.gnuab.org archive is again on.

I still need to modify slang1 with libslang1 in

   /etc/crosshurd/packages/common

Once done, Crosshurd took the following from ftp.gnuab.org:

   passwd bsdutils coreutils util-linux ifupdown

and the first step (the one before the first reboot) completed smoothly. And even the next step (./native-install) worked perfectly with no errors.

BTW, once the first native-install finished, I didn't need to reboot and start it a second time, as stated in [1] and [2], but on the contrary I booted in multi-mode with the console login. Is this the correct behavior or am I missed something?

Without the ftp.gnuab.org archive, I got the previous error about

   debianutils inetutils-ping inetutils-syslogd util-linux

So, IMHO the bug is still valid and crosshurd needs to be modified (asking for libslang1 and not slang1) and providing that ftp.gnuab.org is on.

Thx, bye, Gismo / Luca

PS, ccing to Debian-Hurd mailing-list just FYI.

[1] /usr/share/doc/crosshurd/README.gnu
[2] http://web.walfield.org/pub/people/neal/papers/hurd-installation-guide/english/hurd-install-guide.html