Re: RfC: Hurd console by default

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 05:58:05PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> We have been thinking/longing for this for a long time, I think we
> should move to starting the Hurd console by default on bootup.

How about this:  There'll be an option ENABLE= in
/etc/default/hurd-console which is set to 'false' by default.  Users can
then edit that file and set it to 'true' (along with configuring the
other options to their liking), which results in the Hurd console being
started up once (and only once) on bootup.  When proper respawning is
put in place, we can change the default to say 'true' to enable the Hurd
console for everybody.

Michael

--
Michael Banck