Re: SSH, ping KILLED

Hi and welcome,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 07:38:58PM -0800, Stou Sandalski wrote:
> I just installed the hurd, setup networking (i can ping the box from
> other machines), but when i try "ping" or "SSH user@host" it produces
> only output of KILLED, and dies.

We had this report a couple of times, but nobody was able to track it
down.  It has never occured to myself.  Can you tell us what version of
the following packages you have installed (via dpkg -l):

hurd, libc0.3, inetutils-ping, ssh.

It might help upgrading those if newer ones are available (did you
install via the K8 ISO series?)

> Also sshd starts up, but everytime i try to ssh into it, it dies, sshd
> -de produces normal looking output untill it gets to a pam related
> line, and then KILLED.

This one might be easier: Set 'UsePrivilegeSeparation no' in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config and see whether that helps.

cheers,

Michael