Re: Implemented architecure aliases (Was Re: RFC: patch to split System/Cpu in dpkg)

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:19:03AM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:

> I've sent an alternative implementation to solve this problem, that I
> think is cleaner, clearer and less intrusive.

As I said on debian-dpkg [1], you haven't explained why using DEB_*_GNU_CPU
and DEB_*_GNU_SYSTEM variables (like we've done for the past 6 years since
Marcus wrote dpkg-architecture) is unclean or intrusive.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2005/01/msg00197.html

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :