Re: K 10 discs
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:16:36PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:14, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 11:10:18PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > > Are there any issues I need to be aware of? Any suggestions?
> > I'd rather like to sort out the gcc-4.0 issues with the glibc and hurd
> > packages first, I have also heard some reports about hangs at bootup
> > (and experienced one myself).
> > So maybe it would be better to wait a bit more with K10.
> Would you give me a "heads up" once gcc-4.0 has been sorted out please.
I think I changed my mind, glibc issues still seem to be not fully
hashed out upstream, let alone the Debian package.
So I propose to ship K10 with the current set of toolchain, going for
gcc-4.0 immediately afterwards.
passwd has recently been fixed (we need >= 1:4.0.13-1) and
emacs-snapshot is synced currently.
I filed a bug for the removal of the bad libnss-db package (#333938),
but it is still in the archive (it makes networking impossible if
installed). If it is possible to ensure it will not get installed
somehow, that would be nice.
I am not aware of any other major breakage right now, if somebody is
please speak up.
Otherwise I'd say release K10 by the end of the week.
Please let me know of any uninstallability issues etc. you might
encounter and I'll try to sort them out.