Re: hurd get going?

dsyvanen@netzero.net wrote:

I recently picked-up from debianvendor.org, the latest K9 CDs, and going through the Cookbook, there is a command: console -d vga -d pc_kbd --recent=kbd -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse -c /dev/cons/dev/vcs (I am not copying it, from memory, in hurd, I copy exactly as the Cookbook lists).[snip]

First, you're not copying exactly what is written in the Cookbook, which is:

# console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse
    -c /dev/cons /dev/vcs

(note the --repeat= instead of -recent= and the space between /dev/cons
and /dev/vcs).
But unfortunately, the Cook-book does not seem up-to-date, since the
current syntax is (as printed at the end of native-install) :

# console -d vga -d pc_kbd --repeat=kbd -d pc_mouse --repeat=mouse
                     -d generic_speaker -c /dev/vcs

(all in one line.)

You can also use 'xkb' instead of pc_kbd if you want to use non-qwerty
keymaps, and omit the -d generic_speaker part if you don't want loud
beeps waking your S/O up. ;-)

HTH,

--
Manuel Menal