Re: libncurses5 unmet deps

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 08:35:10AM +0200, Martin Hjort Eriksen wrote:
> Quoting keltik <keltik@autistici.org>:
>
> > i had the same problem using sid repositories (libncurses5 (5.4.6).
> >
> > i solved with this workaround:
> >
> > apt-get source crosshurd
> > apt-get build-dep crosshurd
> > apt-get source crosshurd --compile
> > dpkg -i crosshurd_1.7.18_all.deb
> >

> I still get the same error. If there is no imediate solution, I will
> just wait for a couple of days, until the new ncurses package is
> uploaded. :)
>
> But how can rebuilding crosshurd, repair unmet deps in the packages it
> wants to download?

Hmm, good question.

What you can do is edit /etc/crosshurd/packages/common and
/etc/crosshurd/packages/gnu to temporarily add/remove packages or force
specific versions of them by adding '=4.3-2' or something behind the
package.

I don't know off-hand how to solve the ncurses problem, you might have
to experiment a bit.  Usually it means that only an Arch: all package
which is newer is available, so you might have to look at
snapshot.debian.net to find the complimentary Arch: all package and put
it in $TARGET/var/cache/apt/archives, along with forcing the exact
version.  Or maybe you even need to add the snapshot.debian.net APT line
for that specific date to /etc/crosshurd/sources.list/gnu, not sure.

Michael