Re: Re: kde on hurd

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:26:13AM +0200, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

>I put up the source package files I used at

>http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/qt-x11-free_3.3.4-1+hurd.1.dsc
>http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/qt-x11-free_3.3.4-1+hurd.1.diff.gz
>http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/qt-x11-free_3.3.4.orig.tar.gz
>Hope that helps,

>Michael

Thanks Michael,

I compiled this sources with debug info and found out where is the problem
with qmake -
in qmake sources, file main.cpp

83:    if(Option::output.name() != "-") {
84:        QFileInfo fi(Option::output);
85:        QString dir;
86:        if(fi.isDir()) {
87:            dir = fi.filePath();

on 84: Option::output is undefined. And segmentation fault on line 86.
Option::output - is a output file name. Usually it must be automatically set
by qmake to forexample <dirname>.pro or Makefile (depend on option). We can
fix it later, and now simple use -o option to set up this file name manually.

But unfortunately I have found new problem - I try to compile my own old
simple qt project to test how qt work. This is very simple project without
processes or threads. With no-threaded qt version all work just fine, but
with threaded version I get error:
aktenplan: /build/mbanck/hurd-20050513/build-tree/hurd/libpthread/sysdeps/generic/pt-mutex-timedlock.c:48:
__pthread_mutex_timedlock_internal: Assertion `__pthread_threads' failed.
Aborted

Unfortunately kde need qt with threading support. So, I think we need some
time to get threaded version of qt to work.

--
Oleksandr Shneyder
Systemadministrator

phone: +49 9142 9600-53
fax:   +49 9142 9600-55
mail:  oleksandr.shneyder@treuchtlingen.de
visit: www.treuchtlingen.de

Hauptstrasse 31
91757 Treuchtlingen (Stadt der offenen Quellen)