Re: Making via-rhine card to work under hurd...

No answer, :-(

Any ways, this is weird...  /dev/klog doesn't provide any error...
Now I noticed with the binary from debian the via rhine was getting
detected, but didn't work.  From tones of mails I've read I supposed
it was due to IRQ sharing, since under linux I see how they are shared
for everything...

Although with not much hope I got to compile gnumach (after trials
with L4-hurd and oskit-gnumach) just with basic options
(--build=i686-pc-gnu --host=i686-pc-gnu --enable-lpr --enable-ide
--enable-viarhine) and a patch from debian ftp site.  After doing so I
never see the via rhine detection after boot.  So I'm guessing the
driver doesn't work properly since the card was getting detected
before at least...

Has any one insisted on this network card?  Any work around (maybe
using sis900 driver, maybe applying a patch, or overriding some
sources from the linux 2.4 kernel)?

Thx,