Re: Thanks for your work

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 10:53:04PM -0500, Jason Stechschulte wrote:
> So today I downloaded K8, blew away my system and re-installed.  Since
> this release supports partitions over 2GB, a re-install was definitely
> in order; however, is it normally necessary to do a re-install to
> upgrade the version of Hurd?

No, you can simply use apt-get if you have network running (or use
apt-get in offline mode from a second Debian GNU/Linux installation).

If you want to take advantage of using a bigger / partition you need to
backup/restore and/or reinstall GNU/Hurd though, of course. That should
normally not be needed at all.

glad it worked so well for you,

Michael

--