Re: Thanks for your work

Jason Stechschulte wrote:

First I want to thank everyone for the work they have put into this
project.  I had heard about the Hurd project, but had never taken the
time to read up on it or try to install it.  Yesterday I decided to give
it a go, so I downloaded K7 and dove right in.  It was an interesting
experience, but really went quite well.  After getting mutt set up so I
could check my email, I signed up for this list, and the first message I
received was that new iso's are being uploaded....

So today I downloaded K8, blew away my system and re-installed.  Since
this release supports partitions over 2GB, a re-install was definitely
in order; however, is it normally necessary to do a re-install to
upgrade the version of Hurd?

Well I am now off to play with X and see what else is already working.
So far I am impressed at how much has been ported.

Jason,

Thanks for checking it out. I just put a wiki up on http://hurd.gnufans.org about getting X running on Debian GNU/Hurd with the new console and such if you want to check it out.

Good luck and enjoy.

--
Barry deFreese
Debian 3.0r1 "Woody"

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving
to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is
winning." Rich Cook.