Re: Need help to Install Debian GNU/hurd

Please reply on-list next time if you want to get an answer.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:55:23AM +0900, Andre Caldas wrote:
> >>	2. Adding another partition will not help.
> >
> >AIUI, the metadata gets mapped into the virtual adress space. Thus,
> >you can have more than one partition.
>
> What I ment is that if you want 3GB, you cannot use 2 x 1.5GB
> (ext2fs).  At least you cannot have translators for both working at
> the same time.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You can use more than one
ext2fs translator and 'mount' them at different places in the
file-system. For example, one at / and another at /home. There is only a
2GB limit per translator, not per system.

Michael