Re: upgrading Debian-GNU-Hurd

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 04:01:09PM +0200, Thierry LACOSTE wrote:
> Thank you Michael.
> It seems to work but I have 3 problems :
> 1) I loose my french keyboard (in text mode).

You mean the keyboard layout? After you started the Hurd console?

Well, there are ways to configure the Hurd console to a specific
keyboard layout, but others will have to fill you in here, I never
bothered to.

> 2) My PS/2 mouse doesn't work (it works after a fresh install
> from the K5 iso cd)

Hmm. Did you setup the /dev/mouse translator? Is your XF86Config-4 good?
Can you diff between your current config and the one from K5?

> 3) when I exit (with ctrl-alt-supp) I'm back in text mode with a fatal
> server error and the computer reboots after some time.

Yeah, I was not able to restart X after I left. However, Mach does not
reboot for me. Looking at the logfile might again provide some clues
here.

Michael

--
Michael Banck