Re: reboot complains about /dev/initctl

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
We will need our own initscripts package or whatever anyway, so if
calling reboot/halt from those scripts is a problem, than in our
version of the script we can adjust it wrt command line options (-f)
etc.

Until such own initscripts package is made, is using sysvinit our goal? If not, then it's better to not include halt and reboot in sysvinit when it's build for hurd-i386. If it is, halt and reboot should be excluded from hurd, and sysvinit's halt and reboot should assume -f in hurd-i386 (until someone patches things). In any case, sysvinit packages provide things like update-rc.d and runlevel, which we need until our own initscripts is cooked.

Regards,
ogi