Re: [Fwd: ext2fs patch for large stores, RC1+20040304]

Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> writes:

> Marco Gerards wrote:
>> Currently I am (stress) testing it, and it seems to work quite fine.
>> Of course I will keep testing it and let you know if something goes
>> wrong.
>
> Great!  Then I'll schedule preparation of RC2 with all the changes
> we've pointed.  (But don't expect RC2 this week.)

That is really nice!  I am looking forward to it.

Yesterday I experienced some problems:

After stressing the filesystem a lot, I got this error:
(default pager): dropping data_request because of previous paging errors

The box hanged, but there was still harddisk activity.

Perhaps this has something to do with forgetting to put swap in
/etc/fstab after installing this system, but it should not happen
because I have 390MB RAM.  Please test this.  I have used bonnie++ for
this (it is in debian).

Thanks,
Marco