crosshurd (Was: GNU/Hurd in severe need for documentation.)

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 06:22:35PM +0100, PUYDT Julien <julien.puydt@laposte.net> wrote:
> On mer, 2004-01-28 at 16:57, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > - Is there a current (ie working with bochs 2) detailed howto for running
> >   GNU/Hurd with bochs ? Are there Hurd images for Bochs somewhere ?
>
> The crosshurd package has some documentation, and should be helpful!

I thought crosshurd was to be used to install a GNU/Hurd system like the
old tarball way did. I don't see the crosshurd <-> bochs relation.

The crosshurd package is currently broken. debianutils in unstable
depends on coreutils > 4.5.8, but the latest version of coreutils for
hurd-i386 is 4.5.3. The problem was reported yesterday to jbailley.
He said it will be fixed in a few days.

Lucas