Re: Hurd autobuilder

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:58:07PM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:
> > What do you mean with that? "It works, but it doesn't work"? ;)
>
> Well, it works, just not out-of-the-box ;)
>
> Take a close look at any package's metadata before you upload anything.

Or even better: Please do not upload anything unless you use a
dpkg-shlibdeps modified by the same (or equivalent) patch Jeff was
using in his autobuilder last time. Otherwise many Depends lines will
be incomplete and therefore they will be incorrect.

Regarding autobuilders, I think it's much more important to make the
system as robust as possible than to set up an autobuilder, because an
autobuilder which crashes several times a day is not very useful.

For example, today I managed to compile and upload 20 source packages
which reached testing yesterday, but every time my computer tried to
compile "tin", it crashed, and this happened several times, so I gave
up on that one. An autobuilder would not make things much more easy
than they are now, since it would require a lot of manual attention.