Re: K7 and X11

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 02:10 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:50:01AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > I have problems getting X working, the idea is to include a quick
> > howto in the docs.
> >
> > # settrans -c /dev/mouse /hurd/mouse --protocol=ps/2
>
> You do not need to do this anymore.
Could someone edit the docs to reflect this please?

> You also should make symlinks from /dev/kdb to /dev/cons/kbd and
> /dev/mouse to /dev/cons/mouse. Or I guess changing the X11 configuration
> might work as well.

On my system, as I said, /dev/cons does not exist, nor can I create it.
Someone replied saying it would be automatically created when console
was given the correct arguments, but neglected to tell me (and everyone
else on the list) what the correct arguments were, or where they are
documented (aside from on the list archives and in the source code I
suppose).