Re: K7 discs

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Marco Gerards wrote:

> Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> writes:
>
> > I think it should be very interesting to add the arief NIC patch for
> > gnumach. As a matter of fact, this kind of NIC (Intel Pro 100) is used
> > by a lot of vendors of laptops nowadays. Is it possible ?
>
> What I would prefer to do is adding Alfred's patch.  I think it will
> be added for the new debian package.  Would it be possible to add the
> PCIID's there?  That would help more people.
>
> BTW, I don't think Philip can or will do that for you.  Jeff wants to
> create new gnumach, glibc and hurd packages, perhaps we can wait for
> that?

I like to stay with what I do best, produce the CD images.  Once the K7
set is out of the way I plan to work up the L1 set based on the patched
2.6 Linux kernel.

At this stage we certainly need a new hurd, but new the gnumach and glibc
would be welcome.  A heads up would be welcome.

Phil.

  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz